Our contact details are set out at the end of this policy. We are the controller in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this policy (except where this policy explains otherwise).
- Information we collect about you
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we use your information
- Our promotional updates and communications
- Who we give your information to
- Where we store your information
- Payment processing
- How we protect your information
- How long we keep your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we collect about you
We may process your personal data if:
- You or the company you work for are a customer or a supplier of ours.
- You or the company you work for use our products or services.
- You work for a customer or a supplier of ours, or for someone who uses our products or services.
- You are someone (or you work for someone) to whom we want to advertise or market our goods or services.
Information we collect from you or from a third party
We may process your personal data that we have either obtained from you, or obtained from somewhere else. Personal data which is not collected directly from you may be collected:
- From your employer in connection with your job and how it relates to us.
- If you use any websites or apps operated by us.
- From third parties we work closely with (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Personal data relating to you that we process may include:
- Your name.
- Who you work for, and your job function or department.
- Your address, phone number, email address or other contact details (these details may relate to your work or to you personally, depending on the nature of our relationship with you or the company that you work for).
- Information about you that you give us by communicating with us by phone, by e-mail, via our website, via social media or otherwise. It includes information you give us or that we obtain when you use our website, obtain or subscribe to our goods or services, supply us with goods or services, enquire about a product, place an order, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or contact us to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person that you work for.
- Information relating to transactions with us involving you or the company you work for (for example, details of goods or services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
- Other information relating to you which it is necessary for us to process in order to enter into or perform a contract with you or the company you work for (for example, right to work information and information obtained from credit references agencies where this is necessary to enable us to carry out appropriate checks in relation to contracts with you or someone else that you work for or are otherwise related to).
- Information about events to which you or your colleagues are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
- Information relating to you that you give us or we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting us, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
Information that we obtain from you when you use our website may include:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Location data – we collect information through our website as to your real time location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you in order to deliver content, advertising or other services that are dependent on knowing where you are. This information may also be collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the website.
Cookies and other technologies
How we use your information
Information you give to us:
We will use this information to:
- Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you or the company you work for and us including:
- supplying goods and services to you or the company you work for or receiving them from you or the company you work for, as the case may be;
- administering your/your company’s account with us;
- verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments you make in your own capacity or on behalf of your company;
- notifying you about changes to our service.
- Provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you or the company you work for, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us at the point we collected your information, where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications.
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- we provide you or the company you work for with the information, products and services you request from us.
Information we collect about you from your use of our website
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products/services.
You can object to further marketing at any time by checking and updating your contact details within your account or selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also request that we send marketing material to a non-personal email address instead of one which identifies you as an individual.
Who we give your information to
We may share your personal data with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries , who support our processing of personal data under this policy. If any of these parties are using your information for direct marketing purposes, we will only transfer the information to them for that purpose with your prior consent.
- Appropriate third parties including:
our business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into or other dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the person that you work for;
- our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors or service providers;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is in the context of us entering into a contract with you or the person that you work for.
- In relation to information obtained via our website:
- our advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
Other disclosures we may make
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Geospatial Insight or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you or the company you work for; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Geospatial Insight, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
Where do we store your information?
The data that we process in relation to you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not be subject to equivalent data protection law. It may also be processed by staff situated outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to and fulfil our contract with you or the company your work for. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for for as long as you with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings or for which personal information is stored or, where that is not possible, the criteria used to determine the period. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing;
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to exercise your rights
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Changes to this policy
Our full details are:
Adrian Watson, Geospatial Insight, Coleshill House, 1 Station Road, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 1HT
Fiona Cocks, Geospatial Insight, Coleshill House, 1 Station Road, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 1HT
(0)1675 464 410