Ground Movement Monitoring System
Monitoring and highlighting ground movements around tailing dams, tailing beaches and the surrounding slopes to identify movement that could cause dam failure. The system will provide an early warning and produce status reports detailing the risk of failure supported by analysis of optical images to identify other risk factors.
Developed in collaboration with Terra Motion Limited and University of Nottingham, MotionMonitor-TSF enables Tailing Storage Facility (TSF) managers and ESG compliance officers to regularly monitor key TSF locations and provide warning of potential failure.
Early identification of potential failure can enable damage limitation strategies to be implemented or where appropriate, action to prevent failure to be initiated, minimising financial and environmental impact as a direct consequence.
- Early warning system for TSF tailing dam failure responsible asset management
- Time series analysis of ground movement trends to enable risk identification
- Efficient integration of complementary data sources
- Share insights and allow secure access across the organisation
- Review individual location or complete portfolio analysis
Integrating the revolutionary APSIS™ algorithm, developed by Terra Motion Limited, MotionMonitor – TSF benefits include:
- Timely identification of potential stress points
- Change analysis of surrounding area to predict potential risk
- Integrates multiple data sources within a single platform
- Provides a comprehensive view of dam failure risk variables
- Regular non-intrusive monitoring to identify and analyse risk
- Accurate surface monitoring over all land surface types
- No need for ground sensors or infrastructure installation
The safety issues surrounding tailings dams has been a hot topic over the past few years, with numerous failings causing catastrophic property and environmental damages. To minimise the occurrence of disastrous collapses in the future, there is a pressing need to understand the stability of these infrastructures and implement more efficient monitoring solutions.
After the collapse of Brumadinho Dam, the mining industry has been under intense scrutiny. Although the safety and infrastructure stability of tailings dams has always been extremely important, now, with the world watching, it is more crucial than ever that dam monitoring programmes are put in place.
MotionMonitor-TSF, our latest service specifically designed to monitor ground movements in and around mine tailing dams, enables Tailing Storage Facility (TSF) managers and ESG compliance officers to monitor key TSF locations and provides an early warning of potential failure, therefore minimising financial and environmental impact as a direct consequence.